Skip to main content

A visit to Yeoh's Family

It was a long weekend with Friday added a day of rest to all of us in Malaysia. We have planned a trip to Kuantan sometime back to visit Agatha's home...the list started with 10 persons...cut down to 8 and the night before departure, only 2 left (synn li and myself)...Don't know when so many has learnt flying a jetplane!! :P yet, we decided to carry on with our plans since it was not a last minute trip.

We pushed off on Friday morning and arrived Kuantan about 2.5~3 hrs later. Agatha brought us to have Kuantan's Best Fried Chicken at a small little stall nearby her house. Then we came back to her house and her mom and brothers were busy putting up the Xmas trees and we helped out in wrapping the gifts...haha..it was fun and learnt great wrapping skills from her mum too!

At night, the whole family went to have Prawn Mee at one of their favourite stalls nearby..yes, it was all local nice food being recommended to us. After dinner, we went to walk at Teluk Chempedak beach and enjoy the sea breeze......

The next morning, we went to her sister's cafe at East Coast Mall for breakfast...(Ms Veg Vegetarian Cafe)

Nasi Lemak Rendang


Wan Tan Mee with Curry


the 3 of us


It was also the start of school holidays to all Malaysian kids. Her cousins from KL also came for a visit at the same time. And the brothers are back from Uni too...As the adults were busy playing mahjong downstairs, we played games upstairs with the kids! haha...whoever wins get to color the opponents with colgates!
This is what we get at the end of the session!


the crazy 3 of us again!

Thanks to the Yeoh's Family with the warm hospitality..we enjoyed our stay..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Win to Celebrate

Finn woke me up this morning instead of me doing so for him. He has been waking up feeling lousy and would whine non stop during school days..he would not stop until I started scolding him. Last night I prep him and put him to bed earlier than keith (rather than waiting for Keith to pack his bags). I managed to pat him and he slept at 10.15pm (not early but it seems enough). Right before he sleeps, I asked him to promise not to whine when he wakes up and he did well. He woke me up instead. He came to me and said, mommy….i want to wake up already….

Chinese New Year Reunion !

Chinese New Year is another 5 days away! Yea!!! I can't wait to be home. Look at the photos above. ALL the dishes were cook by mum with all her heart. Really misses her cooking! I am coming back very very soon mum! hehee...I know you are reading this. I will help you to peel the boiled bird's egg for the soup and also wrap the wan tan for the soup as well. Hahaha..the yearly pre-reunion task that I will have to do. This is my eldest brother and his family. Little darren was so little 2 years back! He can run and shout now!!! And here is my 2nd brother and his family. Waiting to see them especially Nic Boy.. I have not seen him for months!!!! Wondering how tall is he now...

Mini Lobsters I ate in Shanghai!

My job required me to travel very frequently to Shanghai last year. Somewhere during the 2nd half of the year, mini lobster has become our favorite. We will walk all the way to the stores and order few kilos of the fried mini lobsters each time. Recently, I received an email from a friend of mine reminding the danger of eating this mini creature! Please be alert of this food item... It may infect your lung. Do not eat these mini lobsters.These mini crustaceans are literally the garbage cleaners in the sewage treatment plants. The 'dirtier' the water, the fatter these mini lobsters become.Their lungs are full of worms and their flesh saturated with poisonous metals.Unscrupulous merchants somehow found a way to get these marketed to eateries. Do not order this dish. Pass this to those friends who may want to try these mini 'lobsters'. Even with this email, i think it is still worth it to try coz it is niceeee!!! And you do not get to eat them all year long! A kilo of thi