Skip to main content

Pai Kia Street

'Pai Kia' in Hokkien means notorious/BAD child..

I went to Cheras Old Town Coffee for dinner with 2 friends. This used to be our meeting place to catch up and chit chat..the parking was FREE all the while. Even if there is charges, normally DBKL will not collect parking fee after certain hours such as 6pm onwards..

Today, after I parked my car, a motorcyclist came and asked for money. This is quite normal in most places where you get to see someone trying to collect some fee from you 'illegally'. Most of the time, they request for RM1 the most..some poor beggars may ask for 50cents, depending on the places/spots AND most of the time the poor public will just pay in order to avoid unncessary trouble like car got scratched etc. However, this time the guy asked for RM3 (I was shocked!) RM3???

So, I asked...Do you have license? Does DBKL know you are collecting? He answered 'Yes' to all..In order not to get into any trouble, I reluctantly pay him the RM3 and asked for the receipt...Gosh! Hot coffee in Old town itself is onlt RM2.80 and I am paying that RM3 fee for a person who operates this collection illegally?????

With frustration, I went to Old Town to ask the staff. The supervisor explained that they knew about it and has complained. Police did not take action, neither did DBKL!!!!

What is this?????

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Win to Celebrate

Finn woke me up this morning instead of me doing so for him. He has been waking up feeling lousy and would whine non stop during school days..he would not stop until I started scolding him. Last night I prep him and put him to bed earlier than keith (rather than waiting for Keith to pack his bags). I managed to pat him and he slept at 10.15pm (not early but it seems enough). Right before he sleeps, I asked him to promise not to whine when he wakes up and he did well. He woke me up instead. He came to me and said, mommy….i want to wake up already….

Chinese New Year Reunion !

Chinese New Year is another 5 days away! Yea!!! I can't wait to be home. Look at the photos above. ALL the dishes were cook by mum with all her heart. Really misses her cooking! I am coming back very very soon mum! hehee...I know you are reading this. I will help you to peel the boiled bird's egg for the soup and also wrap the wan tan for the soup as well. Hahaha..the yearly pre-reunion task that I will have to do. This is my eldest brother and his family. Little darren was so little 2 years back! He can run and shout now!!! And here is my 2nd brother and his family. Waiting to see them especially Nic Boy.. I have not seen him for months!!!! Wondering how tall is he now...

Mini Lobsters I ate in Shanghai!

My job required me to travel very frequently to Shanghai last year. Somewhere during the 2nd half of the year, mini lobster has become our favorite. We will walk all the way to the stores and order few kilos of the fried mini lobsters each time. Recently, I received an email from a friend of mine reminding the danger of eating this mini creature! Please be alert of this food item... It may infect your lung. Do not eat these mini lobsters.These mini crustaceans are literally the garbage cleaners in the sewage treatment plants. The 'dirtier' the water, the fatter these mini lobsters become.Their lungs are full of worms and their flesh saturated with poisonous metals.Unscrupulous merchants somehow found a way to get these marketed to eateries. Do not order this dish. Pass this to those friends who may want to try these mini 'lobsters'. Even with this email, i think it is still worth it to try coz it is niceeee!!! And you do not get to eat them all year long! A kilo of thi